Property Management Assistant
2198 N Lakewood Blvd Long Beach, CA 90815 US
A Team Staffing, Southern California's locally-based staffing firm specializing in the title, escrow, mortgage and real estate industries, has an immediate opportunity for a Property Management Assistant in Long Beach, CA.
In this position, the Property Management Assistant will assist in the day-to-day functions of the property management department by handling these responsibilities:
- Works with property manager to minimize expenditures, maximize revenues and adhere to budgeted cost parameters.
- Ensures all rent is collected as due.
- Manages preparation of all tenant correspondence, including late payment notices.
- Works with legal counsel and Property Manager to execute unlawful detainers and 3 Day Notices as required.
- Produces monthly tenant delinquency reports and property accruals.
- Works with property manager to complete monthly financial and property activity reports.
- Schedules site visits regularly.
- Shows vacant suites as necessary and explains property rules and regulations. Ensures all move-in/move-out paperwork is completed correctly and has been approved by the property manager.
- Ensures all suite, move-in, move-out and other leasing data is entered correctly and in a timely manner into Yardi.
- Works with property manager and maintenance team to insures that suites, common areas and grounds are maintained according to property objectives.
- Works with property manager to insure adherence to company safety standards, policies and procedures.
- Insures that all safety inspections are completed as required and ensures adherence to company key control policies.
- Completes, as necessary, all required paperwork for all liability, workers’ compensation and property insurance claims. Oversees tenant and vendor insurance program.
- Takes escalated service requests and works with property manager to ensure adherence to customer service standards. Works with on-site staff to insure that tenant issues are dealt with in a timely manner and that proper follow-through is done.
Required Skills & Experience for a Property Management Assistant:
- 2 years of experience in Property Management
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong knowledge of commercial buildings and building systems
- Fluency is Spanish is preferred
- Knowledge of Yardi software and Quickbooks; extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
- Commitment to excellent client service
- Competitive pay from the first day on the job
- Health Insurance
- Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
- 401K as the team member continues their A Team Career
A Team Staffing is Southern California's title, escrow, mortgage and real estate staffing specialist, providing direct, temp to hire and temporary positions to talented and qualified candidates throughout the region. For twenty years, we have spent our days building relationships with Southern California’s leading title, escrow, mortgage and real estate employers. We aim to advance our employee's careers in the real estate industry and to provide them with valuable opportunities to build skills, gain experience and achieve career and financial success.