Accounting Clerk - Title Company
18.00-21.00 per hour Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
A Team Staffing, Southern California's locally-based staffing firm specializing in the title, escrow, mortgage and real estate industries, has an immediate opportunity for an Accounting Clerk to work with accounts payable, receivables and reporting in the corporate office of an Escrow company in Woodland Hills.
A Team Staffing offers competitive pay from the first day on the job and health insurance, sick days, paid holidays and a 401K as the team member continues his/her A Team career.
The Accounting Clerk will be responsible for paying all bills promptly and accurately after verifying the proper supporting documents, are accurate and have been approved by management.
Specific tasks will include:
- Coding invoices to proper General Ledger account numbers in Quickbooks and ensuring all proper backups are attached to invoices
- Researching discrepancies and requests for payment updates from vendors
- Ensuring Controller approval is obtained on all invoices
- Entering invoices and check requests into Quickbooks
- Reconciling Vendor statements
Required Skills and E xperience:
- HS Diploma required; AA or BA in Accounting preferred
- 2-5 years of administrative, data entry and accounting related experience in a professional office setting is required; real estate or escrow experience preferred
- Strong computer skills, including intermediate knowledge of Excel, is required. Knowledge of accounting software (Quickbooks or other), database software and order processing software preferred.
- Knowledge of the escrow industry and escrow services preferred
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, and ability to quickly learn new systems
- Good attention to detail and accuracy and efficiency when performing data entry tasks
- Meets commitments
A Team Staffing is Southern California's title, escrow, mortgage and real estate staffing specialist, providing direct, temp to hire and temporary positions to talented and qualified candidates throughout the region. For sixteen years, we have spent our days building relationships with Southern California’s leading title, escrow, mortgage and real estate employers. We aim to advance our employee's careers in the real estate industry and to provide them with valuable opportunities to build skills, gain experience and achieve career and financial success.