Accounting Assistant - Title Insurance
8501 Fallbrook West Hills, CA 91304
Do you like numbers, and want to grow your skills in the accounting field?
We have an amazing opportunity as an Accounting Assistant for title insurance company in West Hills, CA. The Accounting Assistant will provide support to the Staff Accountant and be responsible for a variety of routine and non-routine clerical accounting functions in accordance with standard procedures in general accounting, A/R, Trust Accounting, Bank Reconciliations, and disbursements.
Who are we? We are A Team Staffing, Southern California's title, escrow, mortgage and real estate specialist. We provide competitive pay from employees' first day on the job and health insurance, sick days, paid holidays and a 401K as they continue their A Team careers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Daily banking and reconciliation of office deposits and trust accounting.
- Unclaimed property processing and scheduled state reporting.
- Receiving monies, posting to general ledger, and preparing disbursements for commissions.
- Daily credit card reconciling and charge-back maintenance.
- Performing bank reconciliations of deposits and disbursements, balancing of accounts.
- Preparing of monthly reporting for the Controller.
Required Skills and Experience
- 2-5 years of accounting experience including accounts receivable and bank reconciliation in a busy, high volume accounting department required
- Strong computer skills: Excel proficiency, Vlookup, Pivot Tables, Formulas, Formatting
- Knowledge of AS400 accounting software, or related programs desired
- Real estate or related industry accounting experience preferred
- HS Diploma required. AA or BA in Accounting preferred
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail and accuracy and efficiency when performing data entry tasks
- Meets deadlines and commitments
A Team Staffing is Southern California's title, escrow, mortgage and real estate staffing specialist, providing direct, temp to hire and temporary positions to talented and qualified candidates throughout the region. For eighteen years, we have spent our days building relationships with Southern California’s leading title, escrow, mortgage and real estate employers. We aim to advance our employee's careers in the real estate industry and to provide them with valuable opportunities to build skills, gain experience and achieve career and financial success.