Purchasing Coordinator - New Homes
Woodland Hills, CA
A Team Staffing, Southern California's locally-based staffing firm specializing in the title, escrow, mortgage and real estate industries, has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Purchasing Coordinator to work with a New Home Building client in Woodland Hills, CA.
A Team Staffing provides competitive pay from the first day on the job and health insurance, sick days, paid holidays and a 401K as the team member continues his/her A Team career.
The Purchasing Coordinator's responsibilities will include:
- Setting up new vendors in the purchasing system
- Communicating with vendors via phone and email
- Entering price changes in JD Edwards system
- Performing contract tracking and administration
- Processing purchase orders, change orders and notices to proceed
- Making budget adjustments
- Researching invoice or purchase order issues as needed
- High School diploma required; Associates degree in accounting or related field preferred
- 3-5 years purchasing or accounting experience in the construction or homebuilding industries is required.
- Able to work well and with good accuracy and attention to detail in a fast paced environment
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, comfort working with multiple monitors and able to easily navigate data systems, accurately enter data and print reports
- Strong keyboard skills: good speed and accuracy
- Strong math skills, including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide quickly and accurately and ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Good communication skills in person, on the phone, and in writing including professionally written emails.
A Team Staffing is Southern California's title, escrow, mortgage and real estate staffing specialist, providing direct, temp to hire and temporary positions to talented and qualified candidates throughout the region. For thirteen years, we have spent our days building relationships with Southern California’s leading title, escrow, mortgage and real estate employers.
We aim to advance our employee's careers in the real estate industry and to provide them with valuable opportunities to build skills, gain experience and achieve career and financial success.